New Year Resolutions
Here's a list of resolutions that can help you make the most of your OFCU membership and keep you safe online in the new year.
1. Update your passwords. Get some tips.
2. Sign up for eStatements. Get your monthly statements faster and safer - with no shredding necessary! Go the Documents button in digital banking to get started.
3. Check out myBudget in digital banking and use it to track and manage your spending. Here is an overview for desktop users and one for mobile users.
4. Review your security and privacy settings in your social media accounts. Get some tips.
5. Stay updated on current scams by signing up for alerts from the FTC.
6. Be more cautious when you get a strange text, email or voice message. This coach from Banzai can help gauge a scam in five easy questions or less.
7. Download the CardValet app and use it to manage your OFCU debit card.
8. Use mobile pay! Not only are Apple Pay(Opens in a new Window), Google Pay(Opens in a new Window) and Samsung Pay(Opens in a new Window) easy to use, they are also secure. With mobile pay, you can add your OFCU debit and credit cards right onto your phone to make purchases in-person, online or in an app.
9. Make sure your contact information is current – especially phone numbers and email addresses. Activating new cards, signing electronic documents, receiving (and responding to) important fraud alerts, enrolling in digital banking, etc. all require access using the contact information on file so we can authenticate and ensure that we are sharing information with the authorized account holder.
10. Help keep older family members and friends from falling for scams by checking in with them regularly and sharing these elder fraud prevention tips.